Home Iron On Instructions
***PLEASE contact me if you have any questions or need any additional assistance with application***
- First time home iron on user’s make sure to watch the manufacturer’s application video
- Even when viewing the video please follow the below instructions which have been carefully created for home iron on application
Use the sample piece (heart or paw print) provided for practice and check the iron’s temperature as it will vary by brand
- If your iron is too hot, the transfer will melt and your fabric may scorch (especially important for heat sensitive fabrics)
- If your iron is too cold, the transfer will not adhere, or come off during the first wash
- Place your garment on a hard heat safe surface (thick fabrics such as fleece place as a single layer) DO NOT use an ironing board, towel, cardboard or other similar type surface. Soft surfaces will absorb heat away from the transfer and will not allow for a firm even contact between the iron and transfer creating unevenly applied areas that may come loose or fall off during washing.
- Thick fabrics (such as fleece/sweatshirts), place as a single layer of fabric
- PREHEAT GARMENT: It is extremely important to preheat the garment before application. Press garment for 8-10 seconds to remove moisture and chemical treatment from the transfer area.(EXCEPT for rayon, some polyester fabrics & other heat sensitive fabrics, do not pre-heat).
- HEAT APPLY: for 8-10 seconds printed vinyl, 10-15 seconds for Vinyl* and 20-30 seconds* for Glitter using HEAVY pressure#
*thinner fabric may require LESS time, heavier/thicker fabric may require MORE time as well as adjusting the heat and pressure
#HEAVY pressure is very important for good adhesion and wash-ability
- Do NOT slide the iron. Sliding the iron could slide your transfers, ultimately ruining your alignment and giving you a wonky design. Instead lift and press the iron firmly over each piece of the design.
- Peel the plastic transfer sheet:
- Gold Foil & Silver Foil/Metal: COLD (allow transfer and shirt to completely cool)
- Rest of vinyl colors and glitter: HOT (peel off immediately
- DO NOT peel the plastic off if the transfer is not sticking to the fabric, see below
- Two Color Application: Press bottom layer half the time and carefully pull off the plastic without stretching the design. Apply top layer and press for full time and increase pressure
- What to do if you transfer won’t stick or is peeling up – (do not peel off plastic if the transfer isn’t sticking yet)
- increase your iron’s temperature up to the max you can use for the fabric type you are applying onto. Iron temps will vary, your iron may need to be set hotter than what the video says
- Change your surface type, your iron may not be getting enough contact over the transfer
- Increase your pressure on the iron (really push down hard on the iron, it shouldn’t just be set on top of the transfer) for the full time stated
- Increase your time per section, and make sure you are not missing any parts (especially important the larger the design)
- If you are pressing multiple transfers, allow time for your iron to reheat in between, which each use your iron temperature drops
Washing & Care Instructions: **DO NOT WASH IN SOAP WITH OXYCLEAN** Oxyclean will eat away the adhesive and the decal will fall off.
- Wait a minimum of 24 hours after application before first wash, Turn garment inside out
- Do not dry clean, No Chlorine Bleach, Machine wash COLD / Dry at normal setting (Hang Dry is recommended)
- Silver Foil/Gold Foil & Full Color PRINTED transfers was COLD/ HANG DRY
- AFTER WASHING WE RECOMMEND TURNING THE GARMENT INSIDE OUT AND IRONING THE IMAGE FROM THE BACK!